The English Literature Companion
|Publication Date||December 2010|
|Series||Palgrave Student Companions Series|
What does it mean to study English Literature? Have can you navigate and get the most from your degree? The English Literature Companion is your comprehensive introduction to, and exploration of, the discipline of English and Literary Studies. It is your advisor on key decisions, and your one-stop reference source throughout the course. It combines:
- A wide-ranging introduction to the nature, breadth and key components of the study of English Literature
- Essays by experts in the field on key topics, periods and critical approaches
- A glossary of critical terms and a chronology of literary history
- Guidance about study skills, from using your time effectively to the practical mechanics of writing essays
- Extensive signposting to wider reading and further sources of information
- Advice on key decisions taken during a degree and on subsequent career direction and further study.
Giving you the foundation and resources you need for success in English Literature, this book is essential pre-course reading and will be an invaluable reference resource throughout your degree.