|Publication Date||March 2012|
|Formats||Paperback Ebook (EPUB) Ebook (PDF)|
|Series||Practical Social Work Series|
Having gone through 30 years of development, the new edition of this highly-regarded classic is the most trusted companion for understanding and promoting the potential for social work with disabled people. It offers readers a clear introduction to the core issues of disability alongside discussion and assessment of the social worker's role.
Written by an experienced and highly respected team of authors, the book reflects:
• the latest updates, developments and policy changes
• the broad range of areas needing to be understood for informed practice
• recent changes to the focus of social work education and practice
• the Social Model of Disability, encouraging debate about its role in social work
• developments for independent living
• the heightened importance of safeguarding issues, giving attention to the topical issue of disabilist hate crime.
Accessible to a broad readership and respected by disabled people themselves, this text is the foundation for effective practice.