Getting to Grips with Doctoral Research
|Publication Date||December 2012|
|Formats||Paperback Ebook (PDF)|
|Series||Palgrave Research Skills|
'I would definitely recommend this book to students who are accepted into PhD programmes. As I was reading it, I kept thinking about my own experience as a doctoral student - and how spot on the book is!' - Professor Kristen Williams, Clark University, USA
Confused about your doctoral studies? Not sure what's required but feel unable to ask? This book is for you! Addressing common concerns about processes, conventions and expectations, it helps current and prospective PhD students to avoid needless mistakes which can be costly in terms of time, money and research quality.
Getting to Grips with Doctoral Research:
• provides greater understanding of the doctoral process and the requirements for success
• recognises the challenges facing students and offers practical solutions
• uses real-life student examples, case studies and activities to bring the doctoral journey to life
• is informed by the author's research into doctoral engagement among students
• will be particularly relevant for those studying social science subjects
An easy, accessible, and engaging read, the book will demystify the doctoral process and equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to complete your doctorate successfully.