|Publication Date||June 2011|
|Formats||Hardcover Paperback Ebook (EPUB) Ebook (PDF)|
Children's literature is a rapidly expanding field of research which presents students and researchers with a number of practical and intellectual challenges. This research handbook is the first devoted to the specialist skills and complexities of studying children's literature at university level. Bringing together the expertise of leading international scholars, it combines practical advice with in-depth discussion of critical approaches.
Wide- ranging in approach, Children's Literature Studies: A Research Handbook:
• considers 'children's literature' in its fullest sense, examining visual texts (such as picturebooks), films, computer games and other 'transformed' texts, as well as more traditional modes of writing for children
• offers a step-by-step guide to devising, starting and carrying out a research project (such as a dissertation or thesis), and advice on what kinds of research it is possible and profitable to undertake
• surveys the different methodologies and theoretical approaches used by children's literature scholars
• includes case studies, questions and exercises to reinforce ideas discussed in each chapter
• provides lists of further reading and a specialist glossary that will remain a useful reference resource.
This handbook will be an essential companion for those studying children's literature, whether as undergraduates, postgraduates, or beyond.