Construction Technology 3
The Technology of Refurbishment and Maintenance
|Publication Date||April 2011|
Designed in a structured, directed format to help develop understanding, rather than just providing a simple source of information, this text focuses on the environmental impact of refurbishment rather than new build.
• Student-centred learning style
• Illustrated case studies and review tasks
• Focus on the importance of sustainability in refurbishment and building use
• Updated to reflects current issues such as flood damage
• Covers refurbishment in both housing and large-span multi-storey commercial and industrial buildings
• Easy-to-follow page layout, with a wealth of figures and photos
A companion website featuring extra photographs and other additional material can be found at:
This volume builds on material introduced in Construction Technology 1: House Construction and Construction Technology 2: Industrial and Commercial Building, but is also valuable as a standalone text.