Entrepreneurship and Small Business
Start-up, Growth and Maturity
|Publication Date||April 2016|
In this holistic and practical introduction to Entrepreneurship & Small Business, Paul Burns takes a life-cycle view of a business, arming students with a comprehensive understanding of the many stages and forms of entrepreneurship.
The book unpicks exactly what makes an entrepreneur, what motivates them, how they manage and lead, and how their characteristics help shape the businesses they run.
What's new for this edition?
- Updated international case studies from entrepreneurs and small businesses, ranging from Oman to Australia (see list below for more details)
- First-hand, detailed stories from real-life entrepreneurs in brand new Meet the Entrepreneur video case studies
- Exploration of the growing importance of social and civic enterprise and hot topics such as effectuation and lean entrepreneurship
- Rich multimedia content in the form of additional teaching and learning resources on the companion website
This market-leading book offers a truly global selection of case studies:
- 97 cases from across Europe
- 22 cases from the U.S.
- 9 cases from Far Asia
- 7 cases from the Middle East
- 6 cases from Southern Asia
- 6 cases from Australia