|Publication Date||January 2008|
|Publisher||British Film Institute|
This is the indispensable Media Studies textbook for AS/A level and Higher Media Studies syllabuses; it is also suitable to support BTEC, AVCE and GSVQ courses with a media focus and as a primer for undergraduate media studies. An accessible overview of the key concepts leads into coverage of all major media forms, and genres within particular media.
• Sections for all media, covering institutions, representation, audiences, genre, language and products
• Extensive opportunities for students to apply media theory in their own work
• Uniquely full treatment of new media and the internet
• Stills, cartoons and other illustrations
• Extensive coverage of film, television, radio, newspapers and magazines
• Varied and substantial activity sections.
Suitable for students and their teachers, Media and Meaning can be used as an aid to class study and for independent student learning. Accessible, and with a strong emphasis on context and concepts, this book is a lively introduction to contemporary media which can be read for pleasure as well as part of formal study by a very wide range of readers.